The short answer is NO, in normal everyday conditions within a workplace / job site.

It’s only when an operator chooses to drive on public roadways, pulling themselves away from the safe parameters of the workplace that a class 5 drivers license and full road insurance coverage is required. But if the operator stays within a “coned zone” or is accompanied by a traffic control worker (or other safe means) than no license or road insurance is required.